lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Vadim Kisselmann <v.kisselm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dismax Question
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2012 09:31:28 GMT
in your schema.xml you can set the default query parser operator, in
your case <solrQueryParser defaultOperator="AND"/>, but it's
deprecated.
When you use the edismax, read this:http://drupal.org/node/1559394 .
mm-param is here the answer.

Best regards
Vadim

2012/7/2 Steve Fatula <compconsultant@yahoo.com>:
> Let's say a user types in:
>
> DualHead2Go
>

> The way solr is working, it splits this into:
>
> Dual Head 2 Go
>
> And searches the index for various fields, and finds records where any ONE of them matches.
>
> Now, if I simply type the search terms Dual Head 2 Go, it finds records where ALL of
them match. This is because we set q.op to AND.

> Recently, we went from Solr 3.4 to 3.6, and, 3.4 used to work ok, 3.6 seems o behave
differently, or, perhaps we mucked something up.

> So, my question is how do we get Solr search to work with AND when it is splitting words?
The splitting part is good, the bad part is that it is searching for any one of those split
words.