lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erik Fäßler <erik.faess...@uni-jena.de>
Subject How to change tmp directory
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2012 08:56:41 GMT
Hello all,

I came about an odd issue today when I wanted to add ca. 7M documents to my Solr index: I
got a SolrServerException telling me "No space left on device". I had a look at the directory
Solr (and its index) is installed in and there is plenty space (~300GB).
I then noticed a file named "upload_457ee97b_1385125274b__8000_00000005.tmp" had taken up
all space of the machine's /tmp directory. The partition holding the /tmp directory only has
around 1GB of space and this file already took nearly 800MB. I had a look at it and I realized
that the file contained the data I was adding to Solr in an XML format.

Is there a possibility to change the temporary directory for this action?

I use an Iterator<SolrInputDocument> with the HttpSolrServer's add(Iterator) method
for performance. So I can't just do commits from time to time.

Best regards,

	Erik