lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Announce] Solr 4.0-ALPHA with RankingAlgorithm 1.4.4 with Realtime NRT available for download
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2012 19:15:18 GMT

On Jul 23, 2012, at 11:27 AM, Nagendra Nagarajayya wrote:

> I am not sure why any one will get offended by an announcement that NRT functionality
was available with older releases.

FWIW, I'm not offended - I don't mind if third parties post announcements if they are related
to Solr.

I just want to make sure it's very clear that it's a third party announce so there is no confusion
- people that don't follow the lists on a daily basis read these things. A lot of these emails
end up archived on various sites that collect mailing lists. It's easy to run into them without
the proper context.

I think part of the confusion is the naming. Technically, Apache does not allow the use of
Apache marks as part of a third party name. Instead, the name should be something like "Product
X, powered by Solr"

See http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/faq/#products

- Mark Miller
lucidimagination.com