lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Bill Bell <billnb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with sorting solr docs
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 02:34:09 GMT
Would all optional fields need the sortmissinglast and sortmissingfirst set even when not sorting
on that field? Seems broken to me.

Sent from my Mobile device
720-256-8076

On Jul 3, 2012, at 6:45 AM, Shubham Srivastava <Shubham.Srivastava@makemytrip.com> wrote:

> Just adding to the below--> If there is a field(say X) which is not populated and
in the query I am not sorting on this particular field but on another field (say Y) still
the result ordering would depend on X .

> Infact in the below problem mentioned by Harsh making X as sortMissingLast="false" sortMissingFirst="false"
solved the problem while in the query he was sorting on Y.  This seems a bit illogical.

> Regards,
> Shubham

sortMissingFirst="false"/> to my schema.xml, although I am searching on name field.
> It seems to be working fine. What is its default behavior?
>
> Regards
> Harshvardhan Ojha

in your query. You only sort on the name field and only that field. You can also define Solr
behavior when there is no value in the field, but adding sortMissingLast="true" or sortMissingFirst="true"
to your type definition in the schema.xml file.