lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Steven A Rowe <sar...@syr.edu>
Subject RE: Any ideas on Solr 4.0 Release.
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 15:20:11 GMT
Hi Sohail,

Some of your questions are answered here: <http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Solr4.0>.

See Chris Hostetter's blog post for more info, particularly on questions around stability:
<http://www.lucidimagination.com/blog/2012/07/03/4-0-alpha-whats-in-a-name/>.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Sohail Aboobaker [mailto:saboobaker@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2012 5:22 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Any ideas on Solr 4.0 Release.

Hi,

Congratulations on Alpha release. I am wondering is there a ball park on final release for
4.0? Is it expected in August or Sep time frame or is it further away? We badly need some
features included in this release. These are around grouped facet counts. We have limited
use for Solr in our current release. In next release, we will add more features (full text
searching, location based searches etc.). I am wondering if the facet and group counts side
of things is stable in Alpha or not? I have tested with the nightly builds before and it works
fine for our scenarios.

Thanks.

Regards,
Sohail