lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Fran├žois Schiettecatte <fschietteca...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can't find solr.xml
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2012 19:09:49 GMT
On Jul 11, 2012, at 2:52 PM, Shawn Heisey wrote:

> On 7/2/2012 2:33 AM, Nabeel Sulieman wrote:
>> Argh! (and hooray!)
>>
>> I started from scratch again, following the wiki instructions. I did only
>> one thing differently; put my data directory in /opt instead of /home/dev.
>> And now it works!
>>
>> I'm glad it's working now. I just wish I knew exactly what the difference
>> is. The directory in /opt has exactly the same permissions as the one in
>> /home/dev (chown -R tomcat solr).
>
> This could be selinux.  I tend to disable it, as configuring it for proper operation
with custom software can be tricky.  If this is the problem, there will hopefully be a record
of the denial in one of the files in /var/log.  CentOS has selinux enabled by default.

> In case you don't know how to turn it off: in /etc/selinux/config, set SELINUX=disabled
and reboot.  There may be a way to disable it without rebooting, but I've found that to be
the path of least resistance.

> Thanks,
> Shawn

You can temporarily disable selinux until the next reboot with this:

	echo 0 > /selinux/enforce

Cheers

Fran├žois