lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Can't find solr.xml
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2012 18:52:02 GMT
On 7/2/2012 2:33 AM, Nabeel Sulieman wrote:
> Argh! (and hooray!)
>
> I started from scratch again, following the wiki instructions. I did only
> one thing differently; put my data directory in /opt instead of /home/dev.
> And now it works!
>
> I'm glad it's working now. I just wish I knew exactly what the difference
> is. The directory in /opt has exactly the same permissions as the one in
> /home/dev (chown -R tomcat solr).

This could be selinux.  I tend to disable it, as configuring it for
proper operation with custom software can be tricky.  If this is the
problem, there will hopefully be a record of the denial in one of the
files in /var/log.  CentOS has selinux enabled by default.

In case you don't know how to turn it off: in /etc/selinux/config, set
SELINUX=disabled and reboot.  There may be a way to disable it without
rebooting, but I've found that to be the path of least resistance.

Thanks,
Shawn