lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From thomas <tho...@codemium.com>
Subject Near Real Time Indexing and Searching with solr 3.6
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2012 08:02:58 GMT
Hi,

As part of my bachelor thesis I'm trying to archive NRT with Solr 3.6.
I've came up with a basic concept and would be trilled if I could get
some feedback.

The main idea is to use two different Indexes. One persistent on disc
and one in RAM. The plan is to route every added and modified document
to the RAMIndex (http://imgur.com/kLfUN). After a certain period of
time, this index would get cleared and the documents get added to the
persistent Index.

Some major problems I still have with this idea is:
- deletions of documents from documents in the persistent index
- having the same unique IDs in both the RAM index and persitent Index,
as a result of an updated document
   - Merging search results to filter out old versions of updated documents

Would such an idea be viable to persuit?

Thanks for you time