lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erik Fäßler <erik.faess...@uni-jena.de>
Subject Re: How to change tmp directory
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 07:06:41 GMT
Ah - allright, that's it! Thank you!

Erik

Am 04.07.2012 um 17:59 schrieb Jack Krupansky:

> Solr is probably simply using Java's temp directory, which you can redefine by setting
the java.io.tmpdir system property on the java command line or using a system-specific environment
variable.

> -- Jack Krupansky
>
> -----Original Message----- From: Erik Fäßler
> Sent: Wednesday, July 04, 2012 3:56 AM
> To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
> Subject: How to change tmp directory
>
> Hello all,
>
> I came about an odd issue today when I wanted to add ca. 7M documents to my Solr index:
I got a SolrServerException telling me "No space left on device". I had a look at the directory
Solr (and its index) is installed in and there is plenty space (~300GB).
> I then noticed a file named "upload_457ee97b_1385125274b__8000_00000005.tmp" had taken
up all space of the machine's /tmp directory. The partition holding the /tmp directory only
has around 1GB of space and this file already took nearly 800MB. I had a look at it and I
realized that the file contained the data I was adding to Solr in an XML format.

> Is there a possibility to change the temporary directory for this action?
>
> I use an Iterator<SolrInputDocument> with the HttpSolrServer's add(Iterator) method
for performance. So I can't just do commits from time to time.