lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Steve Fatula <compconsult...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Dismax Question
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2012 17:35:50 GMT
From: Joel Rosen <joel.rosen@gmail.com>

To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org; Steve Fatula <compconsultant@yahoo.com>

this is a new bug introduced in 3.6:

>http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-solr-user/201206.mbox/%3CCAMKKMTx_ybPqsbgU5NtQ19t%2B0kWdAHtq-CZTZxfYxdu6rS1u1g%40mail.gmail.com%3E
>

>http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-solr-user/201206.mbox/%3CCAMySt%2BE6Hr6%3DgOkkDeZU9PCTpgJ4Mb1i8YrzfAndfqUzdot8xw%40mail.gmail.com%3E
>
>That sounds like the same thing, I've noticed searching for SEP-100 actually does a SEP
or 100, even though it's supposed to be AND.

Has a bug report been filed?

I've managed to figure out a fix that is working well enough for my own application right
now.  I set autoGeneratePhraseQueries to "true" on my field, and also set qs=20000.  The
high query slop value simulates the AND behavior that I want since my documents are relatively
short, but this is obviously not the correct solution, and I don't know if there are any performance
issues with using really high query slop values.

>Ok, so, I need to figure out autoGeneratePhraseQueries I guess. The way I understand
it, if I search for WORD1 WORD2, it will only find "WORD1 WORD2", is that correct? That would
be bad if so since I'd really want WORD1 AND WORD2, but not the phrase.

Trying to find some good doc for this feature!