lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Steve Fatula <compconsult...@yahoo.com>
Subject Dismax Question
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2012 06:55:38 GMT
Let's say a user types in:

DualHead2Go

The way solr is working, it splits this into:

Dual Head 2 Go

And searches the index for various fields, and finds records where any ONE of them matches.

Now, if I simply type the search terms Dual Head 2 Go, it finds records where ALL of them
match. This is because we set q.op to AND.

Recently, we went from Solr 3.4 to 3.6, and, 3.4 used to work ok, 3.6 seems o behave differently,
or, perhaps we mucked something up.

So, my question is how do we get Solr search to work with AND when it is splitting words?
The splitting part is good, the bad part is that it is searching for any one of those split
words.

Steve