lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Rafał Kuć <>
Subject Re: Problem with sorting solr docs
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2012 11:54:15 GMT

Your query suggests that you are sorting on the 'name' field instead
of the latlng field (sort=name +asc).

The question is what you are trying to achieve ? Do you want to sort
your documents from a given geographical point ? If that's the case
you may want to look here:
and look at the possibility of sorting on the distance from a given

 Rafał Kuć
 Sematext :: :: Solr - Lucene - Nutch - ElasticSearch

I have 260 docs which I want to sort on a single field latlng.
<str name="id">1</str>
<str name="name">Amphoe Khanom</str>
<str name="latlng">1.0,1.0</str>
My query is :
http://localhost:8080/solr/select?q=*:*&sort=name +asc
This query sorts all documents except those which doesn’t have latlng, and I can’t keep
any default value for this field.
My question is how can I sort all docs on latlng?
Harshvardhan Ojha  | Software Developer - Technology Development
    |, 243 SP Infocity, Udyog Vihar Phase 1, Gurgaon, Haryana - 122 016, India

What's new?: Inspire - Discover an inspiring new way to plan and book travel online.

Office Map

View raw message