lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: difference between stored="false" and stored="true" ?
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2012 16:14:40 GMT
1. The "useless" combination of stored=false and indexed=false is useful to
"ignore" fields. You might have input data which has fields that you have
decided to ignore.

2. Stored fields take up memory for documents (fields) to be returned for
search results in the Solr query response, so fewer stored fields is better
for performance and memory usage.

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: Amit Nithian
Sent: Wednesday, July 04, 2012 12:54 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: difference between stored="false" and stored="true" ?

So couple questions on this (comment first then question):
1) I guess you can't have four combinations b/c
index=false/stored=false has no meaning?
2) If you set less fields stored=true does this reduce the memory
footprint for the document cache? Or better yet, I can store more
documents in the cache possibly increasing my cache efficiency?

I read about the lazy loading of fields which seems like a good way to
maximize the cache and gain the advantage of storing data in Solr too.

Thanks
Amit