lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Lee Carroll <lee.a.carr...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: how Solr/Lucene can support standard join operation
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2012 11:47:37 GMT
Sorry you have that link! and I did not see the question - apols

index schema could look something like:

id
name
classList -> multi value
majorClassList -> multi value

a standard query would do the equivalent of your sql

again apols for not seeing the link

lee c

On 27 June 2012 12:37, Lee Carroll <lee.a.carroll@googlemail.com> wrote:
> In your example de-normalising would be fine in a vast number of
> use-cases. multi value fields are fine.
>
> If you really want to, see http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Join but make
> sure you loose the default relational dba world view first
> and only go down that route if you need to.
>

> On 27 June 2012 12:27, Robert Yu <ROBERT.YU@morningstar.com> wrote:
>> The ability of join operation supported as what http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Join
says is so limited.
>> I'm thinking how to support standard join operation in Solr/Lucene because not all
can be de-normalized efficiently.

>> Take 2 schemas below as an example:
>>
>> (1)    Student
>> sid
>> name
>> cid    // class id
>>
>> (2)    class
>>
>> cid
>>
>> name
>>
>> major
>> In SQL, it will be easy to get all students' name and its class name where student's
name start with 'p' and class's major is "CS".
>>         Select s.name, c.name from student s, class c where s.name like 'p%'
and c.major = "CS".

>> How Solr/Lucene support the above query? It seems they do not.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> ________________________________
>> Robert Yu
>> Application Service - Backend
>> Morningstar Shenzhen Ltd.
>> Morningstar. Illuminating investing worldwide.
>>
>> +86 755 3311-0223 voice
>> +86 137-2377-0925 mobile
>> +86 755 0000-0000 fax
>> robert.yu@morningstar.com<mailto:robert.yu@morningstar.com>
>> 8FL, Tower A, Donghai International Center ( or East Pacific International Center)
>> 7888 Shennan Road, Futian district,
>> Shenzhen, Guangdong province, China 518040
>>
>> http://cn.morningstar.com<http://cn.morningstar.com/>
>>
>> This e-mail contains privileged and confidential information and is intended only
for the use of the person(s) named above. Any dissemination, distribution, or duplication
of this communication without prior written consent from Morningstar is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete
the materials from any computer.