lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: deploy a brand new index in solrcloud
Date Sun, 10 Jun 2012 04:53:28 GMT
How about maintaining two distinct SolrClouds with a switch in the load
balancer?

Reindex the second cloud, test it, fully warm it, test it again, and then
have the load balancer switch all new queries to the second cloud. Then take
down the original cloud once all queries have completed. Rinse and repeat.
Avoid any large-scale index changes in a cloud while serving production
queries.

This still begs the question of how to take the old cloud and initiate a
re-index of it, such as what the recommended technique is for deleting
existing data.

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: Anatoli Matuskova
Sent: Saturday, June 09, 2012 6:07 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: deploy a brand new index in solrcloud

Which would be the best way to fully reindex indexes in Solr cloud? I mean,
single inserts are issued to the leader replica and it sends the 'put' to
the other replicas. But how could I deploy a bran new index to all the
replicas (let's say I've build the index using EmbeddedSolrServer somewhere
else)? If during the time of deployent, some inserts keep coming, would they
be stored in the transaction log and issued once the new index is deployed?