lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: sort by publishedDate and get published Date in solr query results
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2012 11:59:43 GMT
Check your Solr log file to see whether errors or warnings are issued. If
Nutch is sending bogus date values, they should produce warnings.

At this stage there are two strong possibilities:

1. Nutch is simply not sending that date field value at all.
2. Solr is rejecting the date field value because it is not in required
yyyy-mm-ddThh:mm:ssZ format.

If #2, you need to go the update processor route I mentioned previously.

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: Shameema Umer
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2012 7:37 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: sort by publishedDate and get published Date in solr query
results

Versions: Nutch: 1.4 and Solr: 3.4

My schema file contains
<!-- fields for feed plugin (tag is also used by microformats-reltag)-->
        <field name="author" type="string" stored="true" indexed="true"/>
        <field name="tag" type="string" stored="true" indexed="true"
multiValued="true"/>
        <field name="feed" type="string" stored="true" indexed="true"/>
        <field name="publishedDate" type="date" stored="true"
            indexed="true"/>
        <field name="updatedDate" type="date" stored="true"
            indexed="true"/>

But I do not know whether this feed plugin is working or not as I am new to
nutch and solr.
Here is my query
http://localhost:8983/solr/select/?q=title:'.$v.'
content:'.$v.'&sort=publishedDate desc&fl=tilte content url
publishedDate&start=0&rows=1&version=2.2&indent=on&hl=true&hl.fl=content&hl.fragsize=300'

But this is not returning publishedDate on the results.

Should i post this on nutch users mailing?

Thanks.