lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Bejean <dominique.bej...@eolya.fr>
Subject core isolation
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 23:36:24 GMT
Hi,

In Solr 3.x the parameter "abortOnConfigurationError=false" allows cores
continue to work even if an other core fails due to a configuration error.

This parameter doesn't exist anymore in Solr 4.0 but afetr some tests,
it looks like cores are isolated from each other. By isolated, I mean if
a core fails due to a configuration error or an error like
ClassNotFoundException, the other cores continue to work.

In an other hand I think there are some errors that will make all cores
hang :

* OutOfMemoryError
* OutOfMemoryError : PermGen space
* Too many open files
* ...

I am using Tomcat 6, can somebody confirm this "isolation" in Solr 4.0 ?
Which errors do not impact other cores and which errors impact other cores ?

Regards

Dominique