lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From jerome <jerome.eras...@gmail.com>
Subject solr nested multivalued fields
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2012 08:10:48 GMT

I would like to produce the following result in a Solr search result but not
sure it is possible to do? (Using Solr 3.6)

<doc>
   <arr name="groups">
      <lst>
         <str name="firstName">John</str>
         <str name="lastName">Darby</str>
      </lst>
      <lst>
         <str name="firstName">Sue</str>
         <str name="lastName">Berger</str>
      </lst>
   </arr>
</doc>

However, i cant seem to manage getting this Tree like structre in my
results. At best I can get something to look like the following which is not
even close:

<doc>
   <arr name="groups">
      <str>John</str>
      <str>Darby</str>
      <str>Sue</str>
      <str>Berger</str>
   </arr>
</doc>

There are two problem here. Firstly, I cannot seem to "group" these people
into a meaningful tag structure as per the top example. Second, I cant for
the life of me get the tags to display an attribute name like "lastName" or
"firstName" when inside an array?

In my project I am pulling this data using a DIH and from the example above
one can see that this is a on-to-many relationship between groups and users.

I really would appreciate it is someone has some suggestions or alternative
thoughts.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated