lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: slave index not cleaned
Date Mon, 14 May 2012 11:54:21 GMT
Hmmm, replication will require up to twice the space of the
index _temporarily_, just checking if that's what you're seeing....
But that should go away reasonably soon. Out of curiosity, what
happens if you restart your server, do the extra files go away?

But it sounds like your index is growing over a longer period of time
than just a single replication, is that true?

Best
Erick

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 6:03 AM, Jasper Floor <jasper.floor@m4n.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 5:59 PM, Otis Gospodnetic
> <otis_gospodnetic@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Hi Jasper,
>
> Sorry, I should've added more technical info wihtout being prompted.
>
>> Solr does handle that for you.  Some more stuff to share:
>>
>> * Solr version?
>
> 1.4
>
>> * JVM version?
> 1.7 update 2
>
>> * OS?
> Debian (2.6.32-5-xen-amd64)
>
>> * Java replication?
> yes
>
>> * Errors in Solr logs?
> no
>
>> * deletion policy section in solrconfig.xml?
> missing I would say, but I don't see this on the replication wiki page.
>
> This is what we have configured for replication:
>
> <requestHandler name="/replication" class="solr.ReplicationHandler" >
>    <lst name="slave">
>
>        <str name="masterUrl">${solr.master.url}/df-stream-store/replication</str>
>
>        <str name="pollInterval">00:20:00</str>
>        <str name="compression">internal</str>
>        <str name="httpConnTimeout">5000</str>
>        <str name="httpReadTimeout">10000</str>
>
>     </lst>
> </requestHandler>
>
> We will be updating to 3.6 fairly soon however. To be honest, from
> what I've read, the Solr cloud is what we really want in the future
> but we will have to be patient for that.
>
> thanks in advance
>
> mvg,
> Jasper
>
>> You may also want to look at your Index report in SPM (http://sematext.com/spm) before/during/after