lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Ryan McKinley <ryan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ampersand issue
Date Wed, 02 May 2012 00:59:53 GMT
If your json value is &amp; the proper xml value is &amp;amp;

What is the value you are setting on the stored field?  is is & or &amp;?

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 12:57 PM, William Bell <billnbell@gmail.com> wrote:
> One idea was to wrap the field with CDATA. Or base64 encode it.
>

> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 7:50 PM, Bill Bell <billnbell@gmail.com> wrote:
>> We are indexing a simple XML field from SQL Server into Solr as a stored field. We
have noticed that the &amp; is outputed as &amp;amp; when using wt=XML. When using
wt=JSON we get the normal &amp;. If there a way to indicate that we don't want to encode
the field since it is already XML when using wt=XML ?