lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: DataImportHandler only importing 3 fields on all entities
Date Thu, 03 May 2012 18:02:03 GMT
Those three field names are already in the Solr example schema. Either
manually add your desired fields to the schema, change their names (column
vs. sourceColName) to fields that do exist in your Solr schema, give them
names that end with one of the dynamicField suffixes (such as "*_s"), or
enable the "*" dynamicField rule in the Solr schema.

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: Parmeley, Michael
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2012 1:39 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: DataImportHandler only importing 3 fields on all entities

I have a data-config.xml declaring some entities and no matter what fields I
declare in the entities the only ones it will index are id, name, and
description. So fields like firstname, email, url don't appear in the index.
They also don't appear in the schema browser. Am I doing something wrong?
What is so special about id, name, and description that they always appear?

<document>
       <entity name="Project" processor="SqlEntityProcessor" query="select *
from project" >
                <field column="projectid" name="id" />
                <field column="name" name="name" />
                <field column="description" name="description" />
        </entity>
         <entity name="Person" processor="SqlEntityProcessor" query="select
* from person" >
                <field column="firstname" name="firstName" />
                <field column="lastname" name="lastName" />
                <field column="email" name="email" />
                <field column="phonenumber" name="phoneNumber" />
                <field column="login" name="login" />
                <field column="displayname" name="displayName" />
                <field column="updateduser" name="updatedUser" />
        </entity>
        <entity name="Script" processor="SqlEntityProcessor" query="select *
from script" >
                <field column="scriptid" name="id" />
                <field column="name" name="name" />
                <field column="description" name="description" />
                <field column="url" name="url" />
        </entity>
</document>