lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Dyer, James" <James.D...@ingrambook.com>
Subject RE: index-time boosting using DIH
Date Tue, 22 May 2012 20:13:33 GMT
You need to add the $docBoost pseudo-field to the document somehow.  A transformer is one way
to do it.  You could just add it to a SELECT statement, which is especially convienent if
the boost value somehow is derrived from the data:

SELECT case when SELL_MORE_FLAG='Y' then 9999999 ELSE null END as '$docBoost', ...other fields...
from some_table, etc

Either way I wouldn't expect it to make the indexing be noticably slower.

James Dyer
E-Commerce Systems
Ingram Content Group
(615) 213-4311

-----Original Message-----
From: geeky2 [mailto:geeky2@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 3:06 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: RE: index-time boosting using DIH

thanks for the reply,

so to use the $docBoost pseudo-field name, would you do something like below
- and would this technique likely increase my total index time?

<dataConfig>
  <dataSource .../>

  <document name="mydoc">
    <entity name="myentity"
            transformer="script:BoostDoc"
            query="select ...">

     <field column="SOME_COLUMN" name="someField" />