lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: Getting payloads for matching term in search result
Date Mon, 14 May 2012 15:35:04 GMT
The "stored" value of your payload field does in fact have the original
payload value, albeit formatted as you have shown. Is that not sufficient?

There doesn't appear to be any Solr support for returning term payload
directly.

I see a Jira issue for adding query support, but I don’t see a Jira for
returning the payload(s) for matched terms.

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: s.hermann@uni-jena.de
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2012 9:13 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Getting payloads for matching term in search result

Good day

currently I have a field defined as can be seen below:

<fieldtype name="payloads" stored="false" indexed="true"
class="solr.TextField">
   <analyzer>
     <tokenizer class="solr.WhitespaceTokenizerFactory" />
       <filter class="solr.DelimitedPayloadTokenFilterFactory" delimiter="|"
encoder="identity" />
   </analyzer>
</fieldtype>

<field name="payload" type="payloads" indexed="true" stored="true" />

Basically the content for that field has the following form:

   "Wiedersehn|x1062y1755 macht|x1340y1758 Freude|x1502y1758"

where the stuff after the pipe is the payload data (some coordinates). What
I want is to get that payload data at query time.
E.g. I search for "macht" and in the result document from solr there will be
the payload data "x1340y1758".

Is there a way out of the box with solr. I have done this in plain lucene
once with the TermPositions, so I know it might be possible to adopt this to
solr.

Silvio