lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cloud-aware request processing?
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2012 13:45:36 GMT
 Jan Høydahl,

My problem is intimately connected to Solr. it is not a batch job for
hadoop, it is a distributed real-time query scheme. I hate to add yet
another complex framework if a Solr RP can do the job simply.

For this problem, I can transform a Solr query into a subset query on
each shard, and then let the SolrCloud mechanism.

I am well aware of the 'zoo' of alternatives, and I will be evaluating
them if I can't get what I want from Solr.

distributed computation, see e.g. http://java.dzone.com/articles/comparison-gridcloud-computing