lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@hoplahup.net>
Subject Re: Content privacy, search & index
Date Sun, 01 Apr 2012 11:48:56 GMT
Hello Benjamin,

Le 1 avr. 2012 à 11:48, dbenjamin a écrit :
> You lost me :-)
> You mean implementing a specific RequestHandler just for my needs ?

I think a QueryComponent is enough, it'd extend QueryComponent.
It's prepare method reads all the params and calls the ResponseBuilder's setQuery with the
redefined query.

> Also, when you say "It'd transform a query for "a b"

this is an example query from the client.
If you launch the QueryParser on it, you get a BooleanQuery with clauses TermQuery for a (in
the "default field") and a TermQuery for b (in the "default field"). This is done for you
if you call super.prepare then collect the query: it's probably a booleanquery, or you wrap.

> into "+(a b) +(authorizedBit)"", that's not so clear to me, do you mind explaining this
> like i was a 6 years old ? ;-) (even if I think that's just a matter of
> syntax...)

you'd do something such as the following:

// assemble a booleanquery bq2 with all the necessary bits (e.g. indicating the term-queries
that say owner:<userName>)

bq = new BooleanQuery();
bq1 = new BooleanQuery();
// add termqueries for a and b into bq1,
bq.add(bq1, BooleanQuery.Occurs.MUST); // that's the +
bq.add(bq2, BooleanQuery.Occurs.MUST); // and another +
// assemble bq3 that woudl "prefer" particular things, e.g. prefer things of users in my group
bq.add(bq3, BooleanQuery.Occurs.SHOULD) // no +, just impacts weight but is not required

That's the way I implement query-expansion.
I'm afraid I do not know a place where this is documented.

paul