lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: solr replication failing with error: Master at: is not available. Index fetch failed
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2012 18:09:29 GMT

On Apr 23, 2012, at 12:10 PM, geeky2 wrote:

> http://someip:someport/somepath/somecore/admin/replication/ is not
> available. Index fetch failed. Exception: Invalid version (expected 2, but
> 10) or the data in not in 'javabin' format

This is kind of a bug. When Solr tries to talk in javabin and gets an http response instead
(like a 404 response - what this likely is) it does this. Really it should detect this case
and give you the proper error. I almost think someone made this change already in trunk based
on what I was seeing yesterday, but I'm not sure.

- Mark Miller
lucidimagination.com