lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From ravi <r...@qubitdigital.com>
Subject Re: SolrCloud: Programmatically create multiple collections?
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2012 13:54:10 GMT
Hey Mark, Thanks again for your reply.

/*"The way we know that its no longer connected to zookeeper is looking at
live_nodes - which are ephemeral and will go away if a node goes away"*/

 i am not too sure if this is really the case. As far as i remember, even
after a node was dead, live_nodes still reported that node as active /but/
the leader was changed to the one that was /really/ alive.

I had a look in the Overseer's code and it seems its looping on FIFO queue
and wait for new state update requests. So if a node was killed, it would
never be sending a state update request and i guess that's why the state is
out of sync.

If we can set up a wait time for each known node and then declare a node as
INACTIVE if overseer does not hear from that node within the wait time.
Something similar to heartbeats in several other systems.