lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From nitinkhosla79 <nitinkho...@gmail.com>
Subject Merge results of search query to multiple cores
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2012 11:28:21 GMT
I have setup solr with multiple cores. Each core has its own schema(with
common unique id).
Example:
Core0: Id, name
Core1: Id, type.

I am looking for a way to generate the resultset as Id, name, type.
Is there any  solution for such problems?
It is more like a database join query.
------------
Problem: I had to keep 2 cores. Because one index is going to very
large(indexed many pdf documents) and other is going to be very small but to
be very frequently updated(for every indexed document).
So combining the schema might make it impossible(with respect to time
needed) to index millions of documents.
In previous posts(from 2010,) it has been mentioned that it is not possible
with solr.  Wondering if this has changed.
This link below mentions on using 3rd core and then using shard to merge the
results. But for me, it does not merge but shows the results EITHER from
core0 OR from core1   for the SAME id which is present in both core0/core1.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2139030/search-multiple-solr-cores-and-return-one-result-set

Please suggest further.