lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: performance between ExternalFileField and Join
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2012 02:24:29 GMT

: unique terms) but I agree with Erik on the ExternalFileField as you can use
: it just inside a function query, for example, for boosting.

with {!frange} it would be trivial to filter based on values in an
ExternalFileField ... whether that would be *faster* then a custom
plugin that worked similar to ExternalFileField but only provided boolean
logic for set membership would require some testing.

: > > I was also intrigued by the Join feature in 4.0 trunk (SOLR-2272). In
: > this
: > > case, I would keep my access data in a separate core, and do cross-core
: > > join queries. The two cores would have about the same number of documents

watch out with this approach, cross-core joins have remained undocumented
because they are fairly broken...

-Hoss