lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <erik.hatc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding a Topics (Scope) pulldown for refined initial searches.
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2012 14:39:22 GMT
Screenshots/attachments don't make it through to the Apache lists, sorry.

As for limiting search results, if you've indexed your topics into a string field, then you
limit adding fq=field_name:value to your Solr requests.  And you can get a list of topics
using a q=*:*&rows=0&facet=on&facet.field=field_name in the facet area of the
response.  Hope that helps.

	Erik

On Mar 15, 2012, at 10:36 , Valentin, AJ wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have installed Solr search on my Drupal 7 installation.  Currently, it works as an
All search tool.  I'd like to limit the scope of the search with an available pull-down to
set the topic for searching.

> Attached is a screenshot to better visualize what I have to get implemented soon.
>

> Regards,
> AJ
>

> AJ Valentin
> Database Design Engineer III
> SRC-Huntsville
> o/256.428.9372
> http://www.scires.com
>

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email constitutes an electronic communication within the
meaning of the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510, and its disclosure is
strictly limited to the named recipient(s) intended by the sender of this message. This email,
and any attachments, may contain confidential and/or proprietary information of Scientific
Research Corporation. If you are not a named recipient, any copying, using, disclosing or
distributing to others the information in this email and attachments is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently
delete the email, any attachments, and all copies thereof from any drives or storage media
and destroy any printouts or hard copies of the email and attachments.

> EXPORT COMPLIANCE NOTICE: This email and any attachments may contain technical data subject
to U.S export restrictions under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the
Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Export or transfer of this technical data and/or
related information to any foreign person(s) or entity(ies), either within the U.S. or outside
of the U.S., may require advance export authorization by the appropriate U.S. Government agency
prior to export or transfer. In addition, technical data may not be exported or transferred
to certain countries or specified designated nationals identified by U.S. embargo controls
without prior export authorization. By accepting this email and any attachments, all recipients
confirm that they understand and will comply with all applicable ITAR, EAR and embargo compliance
requirements.