lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error while trying to load JSON
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2012 18:26:37 GMT
bq: Shouldn't it be able to take any valid JSON structure?

No, that was never the intent. The intent here was just to provide
a JSON-compatible format for indexing data for those who
don't like/want to use XML or SolrJ or.... Solr doesn't index arbitrary
XML either. And I have a hard time imagining what the
schema.xml file would look like when trying to map
arbitrary JSON (or XML or....) into fields.

Best
Erick