lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Walter Underwood <wun...@wunderwood.org>
Subject Re: Optimizing in SolrCloud
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2012 23:08:06 GMT
Don't. "Optimize" is a poorly-chosen name for a full merge. It doesn't make that much difference
and there is almost never a need to do it on a periodic basis.

The full merge will mean a longer time between the commit and the time that the data is first
searchable. Do the commit, then search.

wunder