lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Gary Yang <>
Subject Payloads slowing down add/delete doc
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 22:24:38 GMT
Hi, there

In order to keep a DocID vs UID map, we added payload to a solr core. The search on UID is
very fast but we get a problem with adding/deleting docs.  Every time we commit an adding/deleting
action, solr/lucene will take up to 30 seconds to complete.  Without payload, a same action
can be done in milliseconds.

We do need real time commit.

Here is the payload definition:

    <fieldType name="payloadfld" class="solr.TextField">
                <tokenizer class="org.apache.solr.analysis.KeywordTokenizerFactory"/>
                <filter class="org.apache.solr.analysis.DelimitedPayloadTokenFilterFactory"

   <field name="uid" type="payloadfld" indexed="true" stored="false" required="true"/>

Any suggestions?

Any help is appreciated.

Best Regards

G. Y.