lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "adrian.stringer@holidaylettings.co.uk" <adrian.strin...@holidaylettings.co.uk>
Subject Retrieving multiple levels with hierarchical faceting in Solr
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 12:21:20 GMT
I've got a hierarchical facet in my Solr collection; root level values are prefixed with 0;,
and the next level is prefixed 1_foovalue;.  I can get the root level easily enough, but when
foovalue is selected I need to retrieve the next level in the hierarchy while still displaying
all of the options in the root level.  I can't work out how to request either two different
prefixes for the facet, or the same facet twice using different prefixes.

I've found a couple of discussions online that suggest I ought to be able to set the prefix
using local params:

    facet.field={!prefix=0;}foo
    facet.field={!prefix=1_foovalue; key=bar}foo

but the prefix seems to be ignored, as the facet returned contains all values.  Should I just
<copyField source="foo" dest="bar" /> so I can query using f.foo.facet.prefix=0;&f.bar.facet.prefix=1_foovalue;,
or is there another way I can request the two different levels of my facet hierarchy at once?

I'm using Solr 3.5.

Thanks,
Ade