lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From fbrisbart <fbrisb...@bestofmedia.com>
Subject Re: Slow first searcher with facet on bibliographic data in Master - Slave
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2012 11:57:29 GMT
If you add your query to the firstSearcher and/or newSearcher event
listeners in the slave
'solrconfig.xml' ( http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrCaching#newSearcher_and_firstSearcher_Event_Listeners
),

each new search instance will wait before accepting queries.

Example to load the FieldCache for 'your_facet_field' field :
    <listener event="firstSearcher" class="solr.QuerySenderListener">
      <arr name="queries">
name="facet.field">your_facet_field</str></lst>
      </arr>
    </listener>

Franck

Le jeudi 29 mars 2012 à 13:30 +0200, Dennis Schafroth a écrit :
> Hi
>
> I am running indexing and facetted searching on bibliographic data, which is known not
to perform to well due to the high facet count. Actually it's just the firstSearch that is
horrible slow, 200+ seconds  . After that, I am getting okay times (1 second) (at least in
a few users scenario we have now).

> The current index is 54 millions record with approx. 10 millions unique authors. The
facets (… _exact) is using the string type.

> I had hoped that a master (indexing) and slave (searching) would have solved the issue,
but I am still seeing the issue on the slave, so I guess I must have misunderstood (or perhaps
misconfigured) something

> I had thought that the slave would not switch to the new index until the auto warming
was completed.  Is such behavior possible?

> I guess a alternative solution could be to have multiple slaves and taking a slave off-line
when doing replication, but if it is possible to do simpler (and using 1/3 less space) that
would be great. Then again we might need multiple slaves with more requests.