lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Spadez <james_will...@hotmail.com>
Subject Java Server and PHP server
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2012 16:03:42 GMT
Hi,

Call me crazy, but I don’t like the idea of having a single server which not
only runs my PHP site on Apache, but also runs SOLR and Nutch, inclusive of
Tomcat.

Is it a terrible idea to have one Rackspace VPS account which runs the PHP
site with MYSQL database, and another rackspace account which runs Tomcat,
Solr and Nutch? Then access SOLR via HTTP from the PHP server.

I know there may be some increase latency from the fact that there are two
servers, but it just seems like I might end up with a more stable platform
this way, and less prone to conflict.

Regards,

James