lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

Subject Re: How to make search with special characters in keywords
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 23:55:56 GMT
Hi Tejinder,

I had this problem yesterday (believe it or not :-)), and the fix for us was to make Tomcat
UTF-8 compliant. In server.xml, there is a <Controller> tag, we added the attribute
URIEncoding="UTF-8" and restarted Tomcat. Not sure what container you are using, if its Tomcat
this will solve it, else you could probably find a similar setting for your container. Here
is a link that provides more specific info:

On Feb 1, 2012, at 11:52 AM, Tejinder Rawat wrote:

> Hi all,
> In my implementation many fields in documents are having words with
> special characters like "Company®" ,"Time™".
> Index is created using these fields. However if I make search using
> these keywords in solr console, it does not work.
> i.e. entering "Company®" or "Time™" in search field box does not
> return any document. Where as entering "Company" or "Time" returns
> documents.
> Requirement is to be able to make search with special characters in keywords.
> Any pointers about how to index and search in case of special
> characters will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.
> Thanks,
> Tejinder

View raw message