lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Yuhan Zhang <yzh...@onescreen.com>
Subject how to ignore cases while querying with a field with type="string"?
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2012 23:29:43 GMT
hi all,

I am storing a list of tags in a field using type="string" with multiValued
setting:

<field name="pageKeywords" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"
multiValued="true"/>

It works ok, when I query with  pageKeyword:"The ones". and when I search
for "ones" no record will come up as desired.

However, it appears that the query is case sensitive. so the query
pageKeyword:"The ones" and pageKeyword:"The Ones"
give different results, which is not desirable in my case.

Is there some setting in the query to let it ignore the cases? or I have
to correct the data by keeping everything lower case.

Thank you.

Yuhan Zhang