lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jamie Johnson <jej2...@gmail.com>
Subject Facet on TrieDateField field without including date
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2012 13:58:43 GMT
I have a TrieDateField field in my index which I currently store
information about when something has happened (say a particular item
was purchased).  I would like to be able to facet based on the time of
day items are purchased across a date span.  I was hoping that I could
do a query of something like date:[NOW-1WEEK TO NOW] and then specify
I wanted facet broken into hourly bins.  Is this possible?  Do I
instead need to create a separate field to facet on which is just the
time portion perhaps with some fixed date to make the faceting behave
properly?  Is there a separate time field which I can use to do this?