lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From SUJIT PAL <sujit....@comcast.net>
Subject Re: How to check if a field is a multivalue field with java
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2012 18:02:44 GMT
Hi Thomas,

With Java (from within a custom handler in Solr) you can get a handle to the IndexSchema from
the request, like so:

IndexSchema schema = req.getSchema();
SchemaField sf = schema.getField(fielaname);
boolean isMultiValued = sf.multiValued();

From within SolrJ code, you can use SolrDocument.getFieldValue() which returns an Object,
so you could do an instanceof check - if its a Collection its multivalued, else not.

Object value = sdoc.getFieldValue(fieldname);
boolean isMultiValued = value instanceof Collection;

At least this is what I do, I don't think there is a way to get a handle to the IndexSchema
object over solrj...

-sujit