lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <>
Subject Re: Setting up logging for a Solr project that isn't in tomcat/webapps/solr
Date Sat, 11 Feb 2012 11:24:02 GMT
You can unpack your war (jar -xvf solr.war), change and then pack it again
(jar -cvf solr.war)
You can also try to specify a new folder in a <lib...> tag in solrconfig.xml and put
your prop file there.

Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS -
Solr Training -

On 11. feb. 2012, at 01:07, Mike O'Leary wrote:

> I set up a Solr project to run with Tomcat for indexing contents of a database by following
a web tutorial that described how to put the project directory anywhere you want and then
put a file called <projectname>.xml in the tomcat/conf/Catalina/localhost directory
that contains contents like this:
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
> <Context docBase="C:/projects/solr_apps/solr_db/solr.war" crossContext="true">
>  <Environment name="solr/home" type="java.lang.String" value="C:/projects/solr_apps/solr_db"
> </Context>
> I got this working, and now I would like to create a file for Solr
only, as described in the Apache Solr Reference Guide distributed by Lucid. It says:
> To change logging settings for Solr only, edit tomcat/webapps/solr/WEB-INF/classes/
You will need to create the classes directory and the file. You can set
levels from FINEST to SEVERE for a class or an entire package. Here are a couple of examples:
> org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.level = FINEST
> org.apache.solr.level = WARNING
> I think this explanation assumes that the Solr project is in tomcat/webapps/solr. I tried
putting a file in various locations where I hoped Tomcat would pick it
up, but none of them worked. If I have a solr_db.xml file in tomcat/conf/Catalina/localhost
that points to a Solr project in C:/projects/solr_apps/solr_db (that was created by copying
the contents of the apache-solr-3.5.0/example/solr directory to C:/projects/solr_apps/solr_db
and going from there), where is the right place to put a "Solr only" file?
> Thanks,
> Mike

View raw message