lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Darren Govoni <dar...@ontrenet.com>
Subject Re: SolrCloud war?
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2012 18:04:11 GMT
UPDATE:

I set my app server[1] system property jetty.port to be equal to the app
servers open port and was able to get two Solr shards to talk.

The overall properties I set are:

App server domain 1:

bootstrap_confdir
collection.configName
jetty.port
solr.solr.home
zkRun

App server domain 2:

bootstrap_confdir
collection.configName
jetty.port
solr.solr.home
zkHost

I deployed each war app into the "/solr" context. I presume its needed
by remote URL addressing.
I checked the zookeeper config page and it shows both shards.

Awesome.

[1] Glassfish 3.1.1

On 02/01/2012 08:50 PM, Mark Miller wrote:
> I have not yet tried to run SolrCloud in another app server, but it shouldn't be a problem.
>
> One issue you might have is the fact that we count on hostPort coming from the system
property jetty.port. This is set in the default solr.xml - the hostPort defaults to jetty.port.
You probably want to explicitly pass -DhostPort= if you are not going to use jetty.port.