lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Sergei Ananko <asvs...@gmail.com>
Subject Is complex query like this possible?
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 17:02:30 GMT
Hello,

We use Solr to search over a filesystem, so there are a lot of files and folders indexed,
name and path of each file are stored in different fields. The task is to find folders by
name AND containing at least one file of specific type somewhere inside. For example, we search
by phrase "test" and for JPG files and have two folders:

1) "test1" - empty folder
2) "test2" - contains 1 file "abcd.jpg" inside.

Search result must only contain folder "test2", because "test1" does not correspond to second
criteria.

SQL equivalent of such search query looks like:

SELECT * FROM indexed_files t1 WHERE t1.name LIKE '%test%' AND (SELECT COUNT(*) FROM indexed_files
t2 WHERE t2.path LIKE CONCAT(t1.path, '%') AND t2.name LIKE '%jpg') > 0;

The question is: is it possible to do such search in Solr by single query? Single query is
important because we need to use Solr's paging ("start" and "rows" parameters), so we should
avoid filtering of wrong results in our code. I've read Solr wiki about nested queries but
haven't found a way to do it. BTW, does Solr provide equivalent of "SELECT COUNT(*)" statement
to access count of found records directly in Solr query? Or such complex query is completely
impossible?

--
Best regards,
 Asv                          mailto:asvstud@gmail.com