lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Yuhao <nfsvi...@yahoo.com>
Subject Help: nothing is searchable in Solr
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 22:52:11 GMT
After modifying the schema, I've somehow managed to break the text search functionality, because
the search can't find anything any more.

For example, I defined a field called "Entrez ID" in my schema.xml file:

    <field multiValued="false" name="Entrez ID" type="string" index="true" stored="true"
required="true" />

Here's one of the indexed documents:

    {
        "Entrez ID" : "335",
    }

The document comes up in the Solritas interface by just browsing, and it also shows up by
drilling down the facets.  However, if I search the term "335", nothing is found.

Any idea why?  Do I need to configure more settings to make a field searchable?