lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Christopher J. Bottaro" <cjbott...@onespot.com>
Subject Re: Solr 3.5.0 can't find Carrot classes
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2012 23:12:31 GMT
On Tuesday, January 24, 2012 at 3:07 PM, Christopher J. Bottaro wrote:
> SEVERE: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/carrot2/core/ControllerFactory
>         at org.apache.solr.handler.clustering.carrot2.CarrotClusteringEngine.<init>(CarrotClusteringEngine.java:102)
>         at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
>         at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
>         at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
>         at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
>         at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
>         at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
>
> …
>
> I'm starting Solr with -Dsolr.clustering.enabled=true and I can see that the Carrot jars
in contrib are getting loaded.

> Full log file is here:  http://onespot-development.s3.amazonaws.com/solr.log
>
> Any ideas?  Thanks for the help.

Ok, got a little further.  Seems that Solr doesn't like it if you include jars more than once
(I had a lib dir and also <lib> directives in the solrconfig which ended up loading
the same jars twice).

But now I'm getting these errors:  java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/solr/handler/clustering/SearchClusteringEngine

Any help?  Thanks.