lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Phillip Rhodes <motley.crue....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "no such core" error with EmbeddedSolrServer
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 16:49:30 GMT
On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 11:28 AM, Christopher Childs <cjchilds@me.com> wrote:
> Multicore does work with EmbeddedSolrServer. It's what we use in our application.
>
> solr.xml is also relevant for configuring the cores. We do not do it in quite the same
manner that Phillip is describing, though. Our CoreContainer is initialized by SolrDispatchFilter.
After the core container is created, we just do 'new EmbeddedSolrServer(cores, "firstCoreNameInSolrXml");'
-- it even worked without a core name specified, but the behavior was erratic and incorrect
in other ways in that case.

Cool, that's good to know.

> I would suggest enabling logging for the Solr classes that are likely to help explain
some of the mystery here: SolrResourceLoader, and CoreContainer. At the info level, they will
tell you where they are finding solr.xml and how they are finding it (whether it's passed
in via constructor arguments, or through solr.solr.home).

I'll look into that this afternoon then.   Thanks for the pointer.

Phil