lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Dave <dla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using SOLR Autocomplete for addresses (i.e. multiple terms)
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2012 14:41:01 GMT
Hi Jan,

Yes, I just saw the answer. I've implemented that, and it's working as
expected. I do have Suggest running on its own core, separate from my
standard search handler. I think, however, that the custom QueryConverter
that was linked to is now too restrictive. For example, it works perfectly
when someone enters "brooklyn, n", but if they start by entering "ny" or
"new york" it doesn't return anything. I think what you're talking about,
suggesting from whole input and individual tokens is the way to go. Is
there anything you can point me to as a starting point? I think I've got
the basic setup, but I'm not quite comfortable enough with SOLR and the
SOLR architecture yet (honestly I've only been using it for about 2 weeks
now).

Thanks for the help!

Dave

On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 8:24 AM, Jan H√łydahl <jan.asf@cominvent.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As you see, you've got an answer at StackOverflow already with a proposed
> solution to implement your own QueryConverter.
>
> Another way is to create a Solr core solely for Suggest, and tune it
> exactly the way you like. Then you can have it suggest from the whole input
> as well as individual tokens and weigh these as you choose, as well as
> implement phonetic normalization and other useful tricks.
>
> --
> Jan H√łydahl, search solution architect
> Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com
> Solr Training - www.solrtraining.com
>
> On 3. jan. 2012, at 00:52, Dave wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm reposting my StackOverflow question to this thread as I'm not getting
> > much of a response there. Thank you for any assistance you can provide!
> >
> >
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8705600/using-solr-autocomplete-for-addresses
> >
> > I'm new to SOLR, but I've got it up and running, indexing data via the
> DIH,
> > and properly returning results for queries. I'm trying to setup another
> > core to run suggester, in order to autocomplete geographical locations.
> We
> > have a web application that needs to take a city, state / region, country
> > input. We'd like to do this in a single entry box. Here are some
> examples:
> >
> > Brooklyn, New York, United States of America
> > Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
> > Barcelona, Catalunya, Spain
> >
> > Assume for now that every location around the world can be split into
> this
> > 3-form input. I've setup my DIH to create a TemplateTransformer field
> that
> > combines the 4 tables (city, state and country are all independent tables
> > connected to each other by a master places table) into a field called
> > "fullplacename":
> >
> > <field column="fullplacename" template="${city_join.plainname},
> > ${region_join.plainname}, ${country_join.plainname}"/>
> >
> > I've defined a "text_auto" field in schema.xml:
> >
> > <fieldType class="solr.TextField" name="text_auto">
> >    <analyzer>
> >        <tokenizer class="solr.KeywordTokenizerFactory"/>
> >        <filter class="solr.LowerCaseFilterFactory"/>
> >    </analyzer>
> > </fieldType>
> >
> > and have defined these two fields as well:
> >
> > <field name="name_autocomplete" type="text_auto" indexed="true"
> > stored="true" multiValued="true" />
> > <copyField source="fullplacename" dest="name_autocomplete" />
> >
> > Now, here's my problem. This works fine for the first term, i.e. if I
> type
> > "brooklyn" I get the results I'd expect, using this URL to query:
> >
> > http://localhost:8983/solr/places/suggest?q=brooklyn
> >
> > However, as soon as I put a comma and/or a space in there, it breaks them
> > up into 2 suggestions, and I get a suggestion for each:
> >
> > http://localhost:8983/solr/places/suggest?q=brooklyn%2C%20ny
> >
> > Gives me a suggestion for "brooklyn" and a suggestion for "ny" instead
> of a
> > suggestion that matches "brooklyn, ny". I've tried every solution I can
> > find via google and haven't had any luck. Is there something simple that
> > I've missed, or is this the wrong approach?
> >
> > Just in case, here's the searchComponent and requestHandler definition:
> >
> > <requestHandler name="/suggest"
> > class="org.apache.solr.handler.component.SearchHandler">
> >    <lst name="defaults">
> >        <str name="spellcheck">true</str>
> >        <str name="spellcheck.dictionary">suggest</str>
> >        <str name="spellcheck.count">10</str>
> >    </lst>
> >    <arr name="components">
> >        <str>suggest</str>
> >    </arr>
> > </requestHandler>
> >
> > <searchComponent name="suggest" class="solr.SpellCheckComponent">
> >    <lst name="spellchecker">
> >        <str name="name">suggest</str>
> >        <str
> name="classname">org.apache.solr.spelling.suggest.Suggester</str>
> >        <str
> name="lookupImpl">org.apache.solr.spelling.suggest.tst.TSTLookup</str>
> >        <str name="field">name_autocomplete</str>`<br/>
> >    </lst>
> > </searchComponent>
> >
> > Thanks for any assistance!
>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message