lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Martin Koch <...@issuu.com>
Subject Commit without an update handler?
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2012 18:33:36 GMT
Hi List

I have a Solr cluster set up in a master/slave configuration where the
master acts as an indexing node and the slaves serve user requests.

To avoid accidental posts of new documents to the slaves, I have disabled
the update handlers.

However, I use an externalFileField. When the file is updated, I need to
issue a commit to reload the new file. This requires an update handler. Is
there an update handler that doesn't accept new documents, but will effect
a commit?

Thanks,
/Martin