lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Gora Mohanty <g...@mimirtech.com>
Subject Re: Interpreting solr response time from log
Date Sun, 01 Jan 2012 15:38:58 GMT
On Sun, Jan 1, 2012 at 8:58 PM, Jithin <jithin1987@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Gora for clarifying. So if my understanding is correct then the total
> response time is not logged in solr logs and I need to rely on the QTime in
> the response.

If your log level is set at least to INFO, as it should be by default Solr does
log response time to a different file. E.g., I have
INFO: [] webapp=/solr path=/select/
params={indent=on&start=0&q=*:*&version=2.2&rows=10} hits=22 status=0
QTime=40
where the QTime is 40ms, as also reflected in the HTTP response. You
were looking at the request logs in your example. This information is
logged to standard output (usually, terminal) by the Jetty embedded in
Solr (i.e., if you are doing "java -jar start.jar"), or to catalina.out if Solr
is used with Tomcat.

Regards,
Gora