lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Simon Willnauer <simon.willna...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Multiple document types
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2012 07:59:12 GMT
On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 12:05 AM, Frank DeRose <fderose@guidewire.com> wrote:
> Hi Simon,
>
> No, not different entity types, but actually different document types (I think). What
would be ideal is if we could have multiple <document> elements in the data-config.xml
file and some way of mapping each different <document> element to a different sets of
field in the schema.xml file, and to a different index. Then, when Solr got a search request
on one url (say, for example, "http://172.24.1.16:8080/gwsolr/cc/doctype1/select/?q=..."),
it would search for a document in the first index and when it got a search request on a different
url (say, for example, "http://172.24.1.16:8080/gwsolr/pc/doctype1/select/?q=..."), it would
search for the document in the second index. In like manner, administrative tasks (like dataimport)
would also switch off of the url, so that the url would determine which index was to be loaded
by the dataimport command.

seems like you should look at solr's multicore feature:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/CoreAdmin

simon

solr schema.xml file. If, in fact, this is not possible, then, what is the recommended app
server deployment strategy for supporting multiple documents on solr? Do I need to have one
webapp instance per document type? For example, if I am deploying under tomcat, do I need
to have a separate webapps each with its own context-path and set of config files (data-config.xml
and schema.xml, in particular)?